September 5, 2019
HCWA Bulletin – Hurricane Dorian
The HCWA will be implementing a number of mandatory moves and service shutdowns due to the forecasted storm for September 7, 2019 through to September 8, 2019. Currently Hurricane Dorian is forecasted to severely impact parts of the Atlantic coast with high winds, heavy rain, and storm surge.
- All boats must be moved as per the list below by 6pm Friday. Volunteers will be available Thursday evening and Friday morning to assist in moving boats. Please email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements.
- The main wharf is open to any local fishing boats seeking refuge from the storm. Please be aware of the deteriorating wharf and avoid tying up to any loose pilings.
- Power and water to the docks and main wharf will be shutoff at 8am, Friday September 6th, 2019.
- Temporary lines will be connected between the docks and shore during Friday morning. Please be aware of these lines as they may cross the back-boat ramp through the water. Boat traffic inside of the docks may be limited at this point.
- Each boat owner is responsible for their vessel and ensuring it is prepared for Hurricane weather. It is recommended that all boat owners inspect and prepare their vessel using the below check list as a guideline.
Common Hurricane Boater Check List: